The Purpose for a Transit Investment :
• Improve connections between key existing and emerging destinations
• Improve the regional transportation network by providing connections among transit modes
• Increase the person‐moving capacity of the transportation network with a new higher‐capacity option.
• Provide benefits to the community by supporting sustainable land use planning, adding public amenities, and improving access to destinations.
• Invest in transit improvements with the greatest benefits to the built and natural environments
• Invest in transit improvements that support existing economies, catalyze economic growth, and provide economic benefits for users
Making Transportation Smarter – Introduction