The Federal Transit Administration and the City of Austin have officially begun the process of preparing an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the city’s proposed Urban Rail system, including scheduling a series of meetings in April for the public to learn about and comment on the proposed Central Austin transit system.
View the schedule of scoping and outreach meetings to be held April 4-7.
Scoping Meetings (Federal Transit Administration and City of Austin)
- Downtown: Monday, April 4, 2011; 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.; at the Austin Convention Center (Meeting Room 3 on first floor), 500 E. Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX 78701, Telephone (512) 404-4000.
- Mueller: Wednesday, April 6, 2011; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.; at the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL) (Conference Room on first floor) in the Mueller Redevelopment, 4700 Mueller Boulevard, Austin, TX 78722, Telephone (512) 476-6861.
City of Austin Open House Meetings
- University of Texas: Thursday, April 7, 2011; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (Classroom 103 on first floor), 1900 University Avenue, Austin, TX 78705, Telephone (512) 404-1900.
- East Austin: Thursday, April 7, 2011; 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.; at the George Washington Carver Museum (Museum Foyer), 1165 Angelina Street, Austin, TX 78702, Telephone (512) 974-4926.
- East Riverside Corridor: Saturday, April 9, 2011; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; at the Ruiz Branch Library (Meeting Rooms), 1600 Grove Boulevard, Austin, TX 78741, Telephone (512) 974-7500.